Best Email Hosting Providers in New Zealand
In this day and age, businesses need to keep up with an internet-driven world. Websites, web design, social media, and digital marketing tactics are some of the core things that business owners must have. Despite the emergence of all sorts of communication online, email still proves to be effective with converting customers until today. If you have your own website on your own domain name (which you should), you certainly need an email hosting service to increase customer reach, grow your sales, and enhance your professional image. For other techniques to boost your brand’s image and customer base, see this article
What is Email Hosting and Why You Need One
Email hosting is an online hosting service that runs email servers, and are commonly used by brands that have their own website. If you have a domain name and need email services, signing up and paying for email hosting is a good decision to take advantage of premium emails.
Now, you might be thinking, “Why should I pay for email when there are free providers available?”
Free email platforms such as Yahoo and Gmail simply won’t be enough for business needs. With the large traffic businesses have, professional email hosting will be your best bet since it offers a lot of advanced features and high levels of security. There’s backups, large attachments, mailing lists, auto responders, unlimited forwarders, contacts management, mail rules, and more.
The best thing that email hosting services provide businesses is a more professional image, since free emails look cheap and unbecoming. Plus, with management options, having a reliable email hosting service in place allows you to focus on running your business more.
What To Look For When Choosing an Email Hosting Service
- Number of email addresses. Many email hosting services have limitations on the number of email addresses you can have for your domain name. Plans typically include a certain number of email addresses, with you having to pay an additional fee if you need more emails for your staff.
- Data storage. How much is your data allocation? Some providers only grant a limited space of 500MB, but others can provide 25GB and up.
- Webmail software. Managing emails through a software is a basic provision by an email hosting service. Learn more about a company’s software to check out the interface and features as well.
- Auto-responder. Your provider should be able to set up an auto-respond system so automatic messages can be sent to you customers whenever the need arises.
- Spam protection. Spam filters should be set up as well so your business email won’t be clogged with spam. Email hosting services should also have whitelist and blacklist features for email addresses, IP addresses, and domains.
- Technical support. Read up on reviews on how the provider responds to customers when technical support is needed.
Best Email Hosting Services in New Zealand
1. Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft is extremely fit for NZ businesses with the offerings that the platform provides. A basic subscription not only provides secure business email hosting, but also give you access to Onedrive for files sharing and teams for communication. Office 365 has affordable plans for all types and sizes of businesses. Microsoft plays nicely with Microsoft so once the email hosting is setup, connecting it to your Outlook is seamless.
- Secure and reliable
- 50GB storage limit + 1TB of file storage
- 24/7 technical support online
- Provides access to the Office 365 Platform to support growth and future requirements
- Document storage and sharing using Onedrive
- Works well with Outlook and other Microsoft Platforms
- No limitations
- $91.20NZD per year
2. Google Apps (G Suite)
It’s Google, one of the most well known and most trusted brands on a global scale. G Suite is not just located in New Zealand, it’s the provider of choice by many around the world. G Suite is a paid service that gives value for your money.
- Speedy and reliable
- 30GB storage limit, which is great for email
- 24/7 technical support
- Document storage and sharing
- Allows syncing to other Google products – Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and more.
- Integrating with other technologies is easy as well since a lot of sites have a “Sign in with Google” option.
- Offers cloud-based word processing and presentations
- A bit expensive at US$60 NZ$85 per year
- You have to pay an additional fee of $5 per email account you wish to add
A New Zealand favorite due to great technical support.
- Huge 30GB of storage
- Top-notch technical support since Spark is a well-loved Kiwi brand
- Data is stored locally in New Zealand
- Automatic backups
- Shared contacts, folders, calendars, and tasks can be accessed by team members to make work more efficient.
- Still pretty expensive at $71.40 per year
Zoho is a free email hosting service with reliable systems and large storage spaces as well.
- Free! That’s the best part.
- Can provide you with 25 email accounts with 5GB of space each, amounting to 125GB in total.
- Reliable for a free service
- Good for businesses wanting to cut costs or startups that want to test the waters first without dishing out money
- If you need any technical support, you’re to check out the Zoho community boards. Since it’s a free service, you get what you pay for and in this case, it’s not an on-call support team.
- Allows you to set up 10 email accounts, enough for start-up businesses
- Reliable email hosting provider for the value
- Provides only 1GB of space, quite limited compared to its competitors in the market.
- Good price at $23.88/year, but you can opt to pay more if you need more data.
This email hosting provider is proud to be New Zealand-owned and based. Voyager already has the heart of Kiwis, being a major IT business solutions company.
- 24/7 technical support
- Provision for 5 mailboxes
- Backed up by reliable service from Net24
- Facilitates off-site backups to prevent data loss
- Allots only 500 MB for storage, with additional 100mb available for $1 a month. This can be very limiting and you might have to delete emails regularly so as not to exceed the cap. But if you don’t have large volumes of email, Voyager/Net24 could be your perfect fit.
Along with website building, web design, and digital marketing, businesses must pay attention to their email services as well. Majority of users still use emails as a primary form of communication and interaction with the brands they love and support. Make sure that your links are updated and that your landing pages have a professional-looking web design. When choosing an email hosting service, evaluate the needs of your business in terms of email and keep in mind the criteria mentioned in this post to help you make an appropriate decision.